Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Well, here it is May 8, 2013 and I'm only a few weeks away from one of the biggest changes in my entire life. You'd think graduating college, getting married and having a baby would be IT in terms of biggest change. You're right. But this change is even bigger. It's changing the greatest spiritual struggle I've carried with me most of my life. I picked it up in high school, dropped it in college, picked it back up when I got married, dropped it when I was pregnant and now I'm refusing to pick it back up. What has such a lasting grip? Weight. Yes, weight. It's amazing how much of a hold it's had on my life. I would say I am a pretty confident person. Until I had Lewis. SO many things changed when I had him. I feel like I began to unravel in some areas while other areas have been made stronger than ever. The only area where I feel I experienced both unraveling and strength with a dose of clarity is my weight. For the first time in my life I have the right perspective. I am doing this for the right reasons. I want to see Lewis and all of our children grow up. I want to be there for all the most important things. I want to celebrate great moments and sad moments and everything in between without food being the main focus. Above all-- ALL things-- I want to honor God with my choices. I don't want to be a slave to food. It sounds ridiculous to even admit, but that's the first step right?! So, this blog is dedicated to my journey. From my old self to my new self.

My overall goal is to lose one pound per week for the next year. SO doable!! I'm giving myself a year to change...to become healthier...to lead by example...to change my mindset...to be the best self I can be! I am super excited and I'm making a plan now so that when I wake up on June 1 I will be ready! I read these keys to staying motivated and I was pretty stoked to know that I am on the right track!

This is where you come in. I am going to need accountability. Accountability is NOT saying "are you supposed to be eating that?" (having diabetes for over 20 years, I've heard that enough). The accountability I need is having cheer leaders, prayer partners and people to talk to me about it! I know this is going to be hard, so my need for support is going to be great! Please be part of that! If you see a blog or something on Pinterest that you may think will help or encourage, send it my way. Thank you in advance for your love and support. Oh and I also want to say I'm sorry in advance in case the hunger monster makes me angry!! haha Here's to the beginning of something GREAT!

Christina


3 comments:

  1. You can do this! I will travel on this journey with you if you like. My husband has a fitness blog and is a trainer. I know he would be happy to help too...and for free!! Maybe we could workout a couple of times a week or keep a food journal together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to need all the help I can get!! I would love to chat with him and get some tips and advice! I will be meeting with a friend on Mondays to keep a journal and to plan out our week. Would you want to join us?

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing Christina! i think it's so brave to put it all out there, especially your insecurities, because especially as women we all have them and they can eat and eat at us. I am always here to support you and encourage you.
    I hope you take your journey day by day. There will be good days and really bad days that can put you off track, but the next day is a new day to start over, we all that gift. My only question is, why wait? Why not start today? Because today is the start to the rest of your life. You are worth it and you deserve it. I love you dearly, you are a beautiful person inside and out. I hope you take that awesome kid of yours on a walk today and enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Loading...